Do you have a case for something and need to bring it to life?
Rules of thumb to classify a project and choose an approach
The project owner:
- Has quantified the opportunity and has a timeframe and budget to deliver
- Has a clear idea of what the platform needs to be
- Is describing features
- Ready to involve target market to refine concept
- Needs to determine metrics to measure success
What makes this a successful project?
In the market, with a plan to measure and backlog for future releases
Principles to guide how we approach this scenario
- Make it real
- Challenge what needs to be challenged
- Deliver benefits efficiently
- Decisive and convergent
- We’re not reinventing the wheel
Our guide for embarking on this type of project
A kick-off session so the entire team understands goals, audience, and the problem we’re trying to solve
Three workshops; Audit, Dreamer, Realist to build a shared understanding of the problem & create a plan for product development
A feature level roadmap describing MVP with a timeline and estimate, as well as a backlog for future releases
A phase to explore and test various design alternatives, and refine the roadmap
Sprints are fortnightly. The team plans tasks on Monday, check-ins are Tues, Thurs, Tues, Fri. Retro on Friday
Final user acceptance testing and then...we deploy!